Saturday, September 8, 2012

Interview with Avid Reader LunaMoth




Deirdra: What are your favorite kind of books to read and why?

LunaMoth - My favorite type of books are Fantasy. I love to get swept up in fictional lands, fight Trolls and Orcs and hang out with Elves. Magic and swordsmanship are so different from todays world and I enjoy something that is not the norm. I also enjoy other genres like Anthropomorphic, Historical fiction (Egypt and China being my favorites) and Ya/dystopian/Urban Paranormal.

Deirdra: How many books on average would you say you read a year?

LunaMoth – I am actually doing a contest right now, from the start of Feburary I have read 36 book so far, so I would have to guess around 50 – 80. It all depends on how much time I have and how long the books are or how much I get into it.

Deirdra: What is the most recent book you read? Can you tell us a little about it?

LunaMoth – I am currently Reading “On The Edge” by Ilona Andrews, It is very good! It is about a girl named Rose who lives in the Edge, the space between The Broken (our human world) and The Weird (the fantasy-magical world) Its got plenty of action and wit and I am really enjoying it.

Deirdra: What is the most disappointing thing authors do?

LunaMoth – That definatly has to be when the author introduces a love interest and the main character instantly feels a bond or connection. I mean it can happen but when its so intense and they would die for them after 20g minutes of meeting it just becomes unreal and ruins the love story for me.

Deirdra: Who are your top five favorite authors?

LunaMoth – I would definatly have to say R. A. Salvatore as my first! My others? Ilona Andrews, Rachel Caine, P. C. Cast, and Paul Kidd for his anthro books.

Deirdra: How do you feel about e-books?

LunaMoth – I love them! I know there are people who like the traditional paper and hardbacks and I do like them as well and I still get them from time to time but for me since I have bad eyes I needed the kindles text size and non-glare screen. Plus I have over 400 books on it, there is absolutely NO room in my house for that many books!

Deirdra: If you could give a message to authors what would it be?

LunaMoth – Oh wow! I really don’t have one, I guess I could say: Keep on writing, there will always be bloggers and readers ready to devour your stories!


Deirdra: Have you ever thought about writing a book?

LunaMoth – Many times, however I am purely more of a reader, I do not have the literary prowess as most authors so I will stick to others works of art.

Deirdra: What other talents and hobbies to you have?

LunaMoth – I draw, mostly anime style. Its not the greatest but I enjoy doing it.

Deirdra: Where is your favorite place to read?

LunaMoth- My room snuggled up on my bed with my dog and a cup of tea or coffee. I also sometimes read outside in our gazebo when its not too hot.


Deirdra: Do you have a favorite reading snack?

LunaMoth – I do not, usually I just eat whatever is laying around.

Deirdra: What books have made you cry?

LunaMoth – The one that made me cry the most was “A Whisper of Wings” by Paul Kidd. I also cried for “The Iron Queen” by Julie Kagawa and a few other books.

Deirdra: What books have made you laugh?
LunaMoth – Many, it is hard to pinpoint a few, I think most have been YA books and urban paranormal. But beyond that I can not say.

Deirdra: What kind of books are you looking to read next? What is on your reading list?

LunaMoth – Oh dear! I have over 400 books on my reading list but I really want to read more of the Song of fire and ice series and I really want to read the newest from Laini Taylor. I’m getting more into fantasy and out of YA right now.

Deirdra: Is there any other message you would like to give the literary community?


LunaMoth – Keep reading and enjoying books!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share |